Clean out your closets, it's time for a queer community clothing swap!
- clean (washed please!) & unwanted / doesn't fit / no longer your style or gender clothes (shirts! shoes! belts! binders! fanny packs! whatever!). Masc, femme, masc-of-center, hard femme, nonbinary, WHATEVER you want, we'll take it!
- lots of tables to lay stuff out on (roughly grouped by type of clothing and size)
- changing rooms (unisex, obvs)
- a whole lot of people going "YOU LOOK SO GOOD!" or "yeah your butt looked better in the other pair"
- probably some LaCroix or waterbottles too, because hydration is important
At the end of the night, we'll box up anything that doesn't find a new home and take it to a Goodwill or to the Free Store in downtown Minneapolis (where clothes & other goods are given for free on a first-come-first-serve basis to people in need).
Address is 1500 6th St NE -- a big brick building. You can park in the lot off the 5th St side & come in at the purple door (marked Little Kitchen Food Shelf) or in the lot off 6th St & come in at the green door. There are stairs leading up to the entrance from the 5th St lot, but the lot off of 6th Street is fully wheelchair accessible. The swap will take place in the multi-purpose room, a cafeteria/auditorium just inside to the right.
A WORD ON ATMOSPHERE
Look, if you're a human in a body, you probably have some weird-ass relationships with that body. Add in being queer, trans or nonbinary, disabled, or any other different-from-the-elusive-"norm" and that weird-ass relationship is easily doubled. We your hosts are committed to making this a FUN experience so we will probably be overly effusive about reminding you that if clothes don't fit, it's a problem with the clothes not with you. ♥